Stuffed Colocasia Leaf Rolls
- 12 colocasia (arbi/taro) leaves, cleaned, thick veins removed
- 1/4 cup split moong dal, soaked 3-4 hrs
- 1 cup raw rice, soaked 3-4 hrs
- 2 tamarind ball, marble sized
- 2 teaspoons grated jaggery (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup coconut, grated
- Curry leaves
- Grind soaked rice and dal along with jaggery, tamarind, garlic, onions, turmeric powder, coriander seeds and cumin seeds into thick paste. Adjust taste with salt.
- Place largest leaf upside down and apply masala. Place little smaller leave in opposite direction upside down and apply masala. Continue with 4-5 leaves.
- Roll leaves length wise and steam for 30 minutes.
- Cool and cut into slices. Pour tempering made from hot oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Serve Pathrode with chutney.